Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nonna's New Ride

A couple of months ago, the LB decided she needed a bicycle to cruise the country roads. She tried to convince me it would be for the purpose of getting some fresh air & exercise, but I knew it was really some psychological attempt to recapture her youth or such. She found the fat-tired cruiser-style bike she wanted and I dutifully packed it home. All was fine until I went to air up the tires, which both immediately blew out. She seemed to think I was just getting old and didn't remember how to do it properly. New tubes were installed this afternoon and she set off on a trial run through downtown Naruna, accompanied by Sam, the flying beagle. I guess they are right about never forgetting how to ride.

2 comments:

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

How cute! I've been dying for a bicycle, but Houston isn't the most bike-friendly place (you have to drive somewhere to bike, which seems stupid to me). Maybe when I get back from the jungle...