Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rain over Naruna

Some days in Naruna are more nearly perfect than others. This Saturday was going pretty good already...the LB had fixed something new for breakfast, an open-faced bacon, egg, onion, & goat cheese sandwich on a piece of nan bread. I got some more painting done on my project room, while the LB made a batch of snack mix which involved cashews, corn chex and homemade caramel sauce. That tired her out and she had headed upstairs to rest her eyes(just for 15 minutes or so) when the sky began to darken, and soon some thunder could be heard. The canine residents and I walked out on the front porch just as the skies opened and huge drops began to fall. It didn't last long, and we only measured 0.2", but it dropped the temperature from 102 to 78 in less than 10 minutes. As quickly as it came, it was gone, the sun came out again and all that was left were some rumbles and clouds headed south out of Naruna.

2 comments:

Betsy! said...

neat pictures, i love the color of the sky in the second one...we got this storm too, and my hubby sent me out in the middle of it to get hamburger fixin's from HEB. Gotta love him. At least he let me take his truck so mine wouldn't get hail damage :)

Dave said...

Thanks! I couldn't find the camera, and had to use my phone to take the pics.